Food and Catering
Designed by Jamie Oliver in partnership with Edexcel, this qualification aims to give you the basic skills and knowledge to be able to cook for yourself in a healthy way for the rest of your life.
• Consists of two single unit BTEC qualifications at Level 1 and Level 2
• Both qualifications are fully funded on the QCF and contribute to Performance Points
Online Teacher Support Materials will accompany the course. They have been designed with teacher-ease in mind. They are user-friendly enough for those teachers without a home economics qualification to be able to teach, while at the same time providing exciting content for more experienced teachers and those who already have a good knowledge of food and cooking.
Contributes to Foundation Learning provision
Focuses on giving young people the skills to prepare delicious and nutritious home-cooked food - using fresh ingredients - as well as an understanding of the value of passing on cooking knowledge
Equivalent to half a GCSE
Develops the student's ability to plan and prepare a series of nutritious home-cooked meals for breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner, and helps them understand how to cook economically.
The Arts programme of study and schemes of work offers a wider variety of specific subject areas.
- Level 1 Jamie Oliver’s Home Cooking Skills Btec
- Level 2 Jamie Oliver’s Home Cooking Skills Btec
- Cooking GCSE
Most students will begin the year following the AQA GCSE programme over the two years in order to provide students with ample time to grasp and produce high quality and large quantities of work required.
Catering Assessment Objectives:
- AO1: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the content.
- AO2: Demonstrate skills by applying knowledge and understanding to practical activities.
- AO3: Analyse and evaluate performance, data and information and draw conclusions.
The Food Long Term Plans are linked below:
For further details, please contact Paige at pwestonkeenan@klms.Leicester.sch.uk