19th March 2020
To keep all members of our school safe, we continue to follow the latest advice and guidance from Public Health England regarding the Coronavirus. The school has made the decision to close in order to maintain student and staff wellbeing, during this uncertain time.
To ensure that students are still receiving an educational provision, the school will be taking the following steps:
- Education for all
- All students will have access to work packs, some virtual learning contact (via email and/or phone) with teaching staff
- The school will also ensure that students with exams at the end of the year will continue to have regular contact with teaching staff, to maintain momentum as the exam season approaches. As yet, we are unaware of any planned changes to the assessment arrangements for GCSEs. The school will be in regular contact with parents with any updates that we receive.
- All staff will be accessible throughout the school closure via email (firstname.lastname@example.org e.g., email@example.com) and will be contactable during work hours.
- The senior leadership team will be working closely with the whole staff team to ensure that the continued safeguarding of our students and their families remains a priority.
- Students, parents and carers will have access to the school safeguarding phone on 07496085985.
- All identified families who are in situations of hardship will receive a £20 food voucher each week that the school is closed (outside of the school holiday).
- The staff team will make regular contact with students by phone or email to provide health and wellbeing and learning support.
The school will continue to keep parents and carers informed of any changes as they occur. We will endeavour to keep the school website updated with information as it comes to us.
Please consult the:
- NHS, if you want to know more about the symptoms of coronavirus. If you think you or your child may have the symptoms, use NHS 111 online if at all possible before calling 111
- Department for Education’s coronavirus helpline: 0800 046 8687, if you have any questions about the government’s response to coronavirus in relation to schools
- Government’s travel advice, if you want to know whether any upcoming trip or holiday you’re taking abroad should go ahead.
Head of School